[opensuse-buildservice] Re: bogofilter-sqlite
  • From: Gour <gour@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 09:49:47 +0100
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 10:43:26 -0500
Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Instead a sub-package is probably the best choice. Sub-packages are
common with rpm/spec file based distros.

I did some rpm-related reading about subpackages and not being sure
whether I understood properly visited #rpm.org when I was told that one
cannot have %build section per subpackage.

Moreover, I was suggested to create a new package and use 'Conflicts' in
each one.

Remember, bogofilter and bogofilter-sqlite are actually *two different*
and conflicting packages despite using the same source since both
produce single executable, one uses (Berkeley) DB back-end and the other
one uses Sqlite3.

So, considering the above do you still consider that subpackage is the
appropriate solution and if yes, can you give some hint how to have
different invocation of ./configure for main and subpackage?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities,
one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without