[opensuse-buildservice] How to link to projects on remote OBS instances?
  • From: Eric MSP Veith <eveith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:32:04 +0200
Dear list,

I've a software that I need to build privately, so I've (successfully) set up
and linked it to https://api.opensuse.org/public. The software I'd like to
package uses libraries from projects on build.opensuse.org, namely the
"Application:Geo" and "KDE:Qt53" projects, so I figure I need a way to link my
own project to the other two mentioned in order to get the dependencies right.

This is my first endevour with OBS, so I'm unsure how to do this. Google found
me a Wiki page on project linking [0], and so I added the following two lines
to my project metaconfig:

<link project="Application:Geo"/>
<link project="KDE:Qt53"/>

Still, libraries such as "libgeos-devel", "libgdal-devel" or "libQt5Core-
devel" that are part of the two remote projects.

Surely I'm missing something here. Could somebody point out what exactly? Any
help would be really appreciated!

Thanks alot in advance.

--- Eric

[0] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_project_linking