Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to embed BS-generated ISOs within other BS-generated kiwi images
On Samstag, 6. September 2014, 18:20:46 wrote Adam Spiers:
Hi all,

I'm using the Build Service to generate a Vagrant box via kiwi:

https://github.com/openSUSE/kiwi/wiki/Building-vagrant-boxes

and I would like to inject into it at build-time a couple of .iso
files which are generated by the same Build Service instance (but in a
different project). I don't mind whether the .isos are injected as
normal files, or are unpacked as part of the injection. But I would
really like to do it at build-time if possible.

Since iso files do not provide any provides/requires information this
is not easy possible. You have to wrap them into rpm packages to get them
installed.

You can do so by writing a script and package it as

/usr/lib/build/kiwi_post_run

this will be executed after the kiwi build, so you can re-package
all wanted kiwi resulted files into an rpm and place it inside
of the $RPMBUILD/OTHER directory.

You need also to override the repo via following in the prjconf,
since OBS expects no rpms by default from kiwi builds:

Repotype: rpm-md

So is there any way of doing this? I see that kiwi supports the
<archive> element but the question is how to reference the .isos as
sources. I guess I could use the download_files source service to
fetch the .isos into the package prior to build-time, but the names of
the .isos change every time they get rebuilt by the BS instance.

please do not do that, it would also archive the iso files forever ...

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany