Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: how to embed BS-generated ISOs within other BS-generated kiwi images
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 21:54:46 +0100
Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I asked similar question, not tried yet though:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2014-09/msg00000.html

Oh wow, fantastic - thanks! And a google hunt for "kiwi_post_run"
eventually led me to where the hook is executed:

https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/blob/master/build-recipe-kiwi#L461
/usr/lib/build/build-recipe-kiwi

It also led me to this:

https://github.com/bgeuken/containment-rpm

which is a perfect starting point for building my own hook.

But now I remember, I've already been told in the past that the Studio
guys already use this trick for their containment rpms - I had totally
forgotten that :-) My IRC logs show this:

2013-01-10 19:12:04 <jamestyj> aspiers: I added some background text to
https://github.com/SUSE/studio/wiki/Containment-guidelines, hope it helps

BTW, that wiki page has a bunch of broken links to URLs beginning:

https://github.com/openSUSE/containment-rpm

but I can only see the following repos in the github network:

https://github.com/bgeuken/containment-rpm
https://github.com/jamestyj/containment-rpm

Was that unfinished business? Should we fork or even move one of
these into the openSUSE organization?

I guess the other approach is to invoke kiwi from inside a .spec file,
which is how we build sleshammer for Crowbar:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/systemsmanagement:crowbar:roxy/sleshammer/sleshammer.spec?expand=1

but IIRC the disadvantage of that is that it does not produce a
free-standing .iso which can be downloaded separately from the
containment rpm - right? And in my current case, the .isos are needed
separately as well as within the Vagrant box.