[opensuse-buildservice] how to embed BS-generated ISOs within other BS-generated kiwi images
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 18:20:46 +0100
Hi all,

I'm using the Build Service to generate a Vagrant box via kiwi:

https://github.com/openSUSE/kiwi/wiki/Building-vagrant-boxes

and I would like to inject into it at build-time a couple of .iso
files which are generated by the same Build Service instance (but in a
different project). I don't mind whether the .isos are injected as
normal files, or are unpacked as part of the injection. But I would
really like to do it at build-time if possible.

So is there any way of doing this? I see that kiwi supports the
<archive> element but the question is how to reference the .isos as
sources. I guess I could use the download_files source service to
fetch the .isos into the package prior to build-time, but the names of
the .isos change every time they get rebuilt by the BS instance.

Thanks,
Adam