[opensuse-buildservice] RFC: changes in request history

Hi,

I do currently work on a re-implementation of the history logging of requests.
Mainly to tackle the following things:

* Currently history entries happen only on state changes, but not on other
actions, like added or modified reviews, or changed (upcomming) priority
change.

* review state changes have no history at all yet

* Last but not least, the new history system should be also usable with
non-requests
like project or package objects.

However, I do currently plan some changes in the request xml layout due to this:
An old entry looked like this:

<history name="new" who="adrian" when="...">
<comment/>
</history>

The "name" attribute does not make sense always, since no all actions are
state changes. Therefore I do plan to replace it with a <description> element
instead. This will always contain some readable, but automatic generated text
describing the action of the user. For example:

<history who="adrian" when="...">
<description>Request got superseded by request 42</description>
<comment>I do it always better in my second approach</comment>
</history>

The <comment> element will become optional, but continues to contain any user
specified
text.

Also the review elements will get history elements in this style.

Do you have any opinions about this change?
adrian

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg