[opensuse-buildservice] OBS state

Hi,

just some more details about the current state.

We had corrupt data inside of the old SAN box unfortunatly exactly at the
area where the SQL database was hosted. Therefore we had to restore a database
dump from friday.

This means
* No sources are lost, but new packages may not appear when listing sources.
Also removed packages may appear again in sources.
You may notice this when different packages are listed in sources and build
results.

We will run a full check for this, but this will take some time.

In case you do not want to wait in this situation, you can recreate the
package
or project, eg. by "osc meta pkg -e ...." and editing anything. The database
and source server will be in sync again afterwards.

You may also delete the package again now.

* Requests are in the old state.
- Accepted requests can just be accepted again in most cases. Except other
changes
happened, but you will notice because the source package will be in
"broken" state
then.
- decline/revoke requests can just be closed again.
- a limited number of new requests have a different number now, because
the old requests got lost.

The lesson we learned from this is to configure at least for MySQL a
master/slave
setup. We won't have full HA by this, but at least broken SAN systems can not
create
these kind of problems again.

Apart from that, we are on the new SAN storage system now, which is said to be
way
more robust than the old one.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5