Re: [opensuse-buildservice] linking with X11 in OBS

On Tuesday 2014-03-11 08:00, Stephan Kulow wrote:

or the antithesis to "principle of least surprise". It would be good
to have SUSE_ASNEEDED -- whichever value (unset|1) it will attain --
to be consistent across both the default system and the build setup.

It's a feature that our packages default to as-needed to avoid
unnecessary dependencies.

Heh, but there's more to it than just _that_ :)

It also flagged software packages which failed to adhere to object
file ordering on the linker line, something that is required _anyway_
if not using the GNU linkers. So people were taught a lesson, and
they learned. So I guess what I would want normal everyone in
non-build chroot to have is order enforcement rather than as-needed.
(I'll leave it at that.)