Re: [opensuse-buildservice] linking with X11 in OBS
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 02:39:44PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Monday 2014-03-10 13:49, Marcus Meissner wrote:
I am still curious why the EXACT same (cut and paste from OBS Log->
command
line) command works on my system. The order of the libs was the same.

The build system builds with --as-needed by default, your local system
probably
not.

That raises the question why our local systems default to --no-as-needed,
when the rpms for BS and local should be the same, and there is no
as.needed directive in /etc/rpm or /usr/lib/rpm visible..

Good question.

binutils-build-as-needed.diff
+ if (getenv ("SUSE_ASNEEDED") && atoi(getenv ("SUSE_ASNEEDED")) > 0)
+ input_flags.add_DT_NEEDED_for_regular = TRUE;

so basically we can either set SUSE_ASNEEDED=1 in some environemnt script,
or adjust the patch to do = TRUE when no SUSE_ASNEEDED is present,.

Ciao, MArcus