[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Arch Linux community repository
On Sun 23 Feb 2014 10:29:55 AM CST, Myles English wrote:

On 7 February 2014 11:49, Leonard de Ruijter <leesvoer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm a user of Arch Linux and have been playing with the OBS lately.
I've succesfully created arch packages (PKGBUILD) which build
correctly. However, some packages i'd like to throw in the OBS
require the arch Community repository, which doesn't seem to exist
in the OBS yet.

It would be great if the community repository could be added. I'm
sure more people will benefit from it, according to this thread:

Yes, please could the 'community' repository be added. The packages I
am trying to build would also benefit from this. The 'community'
repository contains some popular packages such as VTK.

Myles
Hi
It probably contains stuff that is not allowed to build on OBS, hence
not included?

The following is not directed at you, just an observation ;)

<rant>Trouble is other Distros (and openSUSE) come and use OBS and can
potentially screw it up for the rest of us by producing packages that
are forbidden</rant>

There are many examples I come across, ffmpeg, cmplayer, mplayer etc

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop