[opensuse-buildservice] Open Build Service 2.5 Beta 1 released

Good news everyone! some more work for OBS admins! :)
... to have less work later on ....

We branched the 2.5 release last week and were able to complete
documentation and testing enough for an OBS 2.5 Beta 1 release now.

We have of course a number of features which should motivate you to
update your instance. Some highlights of these features are:

* Integrated notification and comment system. Can be configured
by the admin and users in the webui.

* OBS VM builds can run the kernel from the used repositories now.

* kiwi appliance and product builds can use the repositories from
local project configuration now. This makes it easy to submit
kiwi configurations accross projects or to setup test builds.

* OBS main server can be distributed on more systems to allow
better scalability.

* The maintenance process recevied a larger number of functionality.

* Trigger system based on tokens. Users can create tokens for specific
actions to be used from external instances. This enables, but limits
a remote instance to execute a specific action. The permissions
can be revoked at any time.

* and much more ... we will complete the list in the release notes for
final release.

OBS admins will first notice that we simplified the setup by

* merging api and webui into on rails app (same address for api and webui)

* Many configuration settings can be set via a single api route now for
all OBS components.

OBS 2.5 Beta 1 is downloadable as appliance or as rpm packages here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/2.5/

It's version tag is 2.4.90.

rpm package upgrade will require some manual steps afterwards, please find
details about this in the README.UPDATERS file.

The appliance can upgrade existing data automatically. Find details on how
to use a server appliance with an external data storage here:
http://openbuildservice.org/download/

Please help us to hammer out any dents you find in the beta by submitting
pull-requests or issues at
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5