Re: [opensuse-buildservice] private obs proxy setting
Am 23.01.2014 17:46, schrieb Hans van Maaren:
2014/1/10 Hans van Maaren<hansvanmaaren@xxxxxxxxx>:
2014/1/10 Kanstantsin Shautsou<gentoo.integer@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Jan 10, 2014, at 13:05 , Hans van Maaren<hansvanmaaren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the latest OBS appliance behind a proxy.

[...]

Did you add remote openSUSE project? (interconnect)

Yes i did. After that I did an update. ( in the configuration tab)

--
Hans

I Wonder if anybody has an idea why this doesn't work?

Install the vmware appliance use DHCP and DNS.

Fill in proxy settings:

/etc/sysconfig/proxy

HTTP_PROXY="http://<ip-proxy>:3128/"

HTTPS_PROXY="http://<ip-proxy>:3128/"
( wget and zypper works fine )

These two above set shell environment variables. You will have to _log in_ again to see the effect.

Anyway, the obs-worker process will be run as a direct child of the init process, no _log in_ shell is involved. Which means the environment variables are never set. (Unless you run rcobsworker restart from a login shell, of course)

/usr/lib/obs/server/BSConfig.pm

our $proxy = "http://<ip-proxy>:3128/";

our $noproxy = "localhost, 127.0.0.1";

AFAIK, this affects the obsworker only.

On the browser:

Interconnect – build openSUSE.org – Save Changes – Create home project

Home project – Repositories – Add repositories

The Add Repositories page stays empty.

Because either the obs-api or obs-webui (not sure which of these) is unable to contact 'build openSUSE.org'.

Did you set http_proxy in
/srv/www/obs/webui/config/options.yml?

Also make sure to add http_proxy in
/srv/www/obs/api/config/options.yml.
Although that setting is not mentioned in /srv/www/obs/api/config/options.yml.example (Bug?), but it is read by /srv/www/obs/api/lib/activexml/transport.rb.

I am running OBS behind a proxy, too, and that scenario seems not to be well tested. I wont't blame the OBS team for that.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Ich mag kein TOFU!