[opensuse-buildservice] How to disable stripping of binaries
Hello, I need to tell OBS to not strip the binaries shipped with the
"docker" package I maintain.

The "docker" package contains two binaries: "docker" and "dockerinit",
which are both written in Go. The "dockerinit" package is built first,
then its checksum is given to the build process compiling the "docker"
binary. Hence the checksum of the unstripped "dockerinit" binary is hard
coded into the "docker" binary. At runtime the "docker" binary invokes
the "dockerinit" binary, but before doing that it ensures the checksum
of "dockerinit" matches with the hard coded value.
OBS strips all the binaries at the end of the build, causing the above
check to fail.

I temporarily resolved the problem by patching docker's build system and
making it strip the "dockerinit" binary right before building the
"docker" binary. Unfortunately upstream told me that stripping Go
programs is a bad choice.

I added the following lines into the %install section:

export NO_BRP_STRIP_DEBUG=true
export NO_DEBUGINFO_STRIP_DEBUG=true

but nothing changed. The checksum of the "dockerinit" binary is still
somehow changed (I double checked that by inserting a md5sum call at the
end of the build process).

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers
Flavio