Re: [opensuse-buildservice] %make_install in prjconfig
On 11/7/2013 10:27 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Thursday 2013-11-07 23:56, Brian K. White wrote:

The current .spec from factory uses %{make_install}
OS versions before 11.2 do not have that macro.

I got it working by making this change to the .spec from the current version
1.8 in factory:

- %{?make_install}

+ %{?make_install} %{!?make_install:%%{__make} install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}}

You can see how horrible that looks. (And it won't be any
better if you stash it in a prjconf.) Just write

make install DESTDIR="%buildroot"

like suggested in all openSUSE (en) wiki entries that mention installation.

I would love it if the devel package actually did that.
I'll SR that and maybe request a maintainer role.

Thanks

--
bkw

ps: Also there's a typo above, there was only one % in %{__make}
I had doubled all the %'s when I made that line into a comment, and when I wrote the email it was by copying the comment and then hand editing to de-dupe the %'s