Re: [opensuse-buildservice] recompiling OSS repo on local instance for different arch
  • From: Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 19:21:56 +0300
Michael, Adrian 1st thanks for your answers!

(But: does the 1% speedup you get through optflag tweaking really
warrant a complete distribution rebuild?)
I'm quite interested in how it will affect the system actually.
Especially for the bulldozer architecture various people claim 50%
enhancement if used with open64 compiler and gcc 4.8 with march=bdver2
being about the same level of improvement. I am using suse since more
than 10 years now, so even a test of gentoo if there is a performance
benefit is a no go :-)