Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build loop without result and error
Adrian Schröter píše v Út 16. 07. 2013 v 14:45 +0200:
Am Dienstag, 16. Juli 2013, 14:28:10 schrieb Marcus Meissner:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 02:03:10PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
Hi,

the "libreoffice" package in the "LibreOffice:Unstable" project and
"openSUSE_12.3 x86_64" distro has been in some strange build loop for
last few days. I am not sure what the problem is.

I checked it several time. The status always was "building". The log was
"only" few hours long => the build was automatically restarted several
times. I wonder why. I do not see any build error and local build works.
The i586 libreoffice package and x86_64 help packages have been built 7
days ago => it should not be caused by another commits in the
openSUSE_12.3 or LibreOffice:Unstable repo.

Do you have any idea, please?
Do some errors trigger automatic rebuild?
Is there any build time out?

I think that it might help to force build on some more powerful hosts
with more CPUs and more memory. Is it possible, please?

Such a automatic build restart would happen if the build runs out of memory.

Yes one possibility. I have marked the current running build instance
(build16/7) to be disabled. So if the build ends there for any reason, I can
check why it got stopped.

Ah, in the mean time, Tomas Chvatal suggested to use constrains. So, I
added the following into prjconf and restarted the build:

%if %suse_version == 1230
%ifarch x86_64
Constraint: hardware:physicalmemory:size unit="M" 5000
%endif
%endif

Tomas says: The problem is that there are only very few machines with
enough memory. There are more spec files in the libreoffice source dir.
We do not know how to limit the constrain only to the "libreoffice"
package. If we do the global limit, the build takes several days because
of lack of machines.

Tomas is pretty sure that problem is with memory.

I am sorry that I was so fast and stopped the build. We are a bit in
hurry. Tomas would like to promote the LibreOffice 4.1 test builds on
the openSUSE conference and the most important 12.3 build is not ready.

Best Regards,
Petr