Re: [opensuse-buildservice] no network in chroot
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:46:55 +0200
On Montag, 3. Juni 2013, 13:40:30 wrote Roger Oberholtzer:
On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 15:36 +0000, Rick Liu wrote:
Hi,

When obs building in chroot,
there's missing '/etc/resolv.conf' file and causes no network within chroot.

Before I chroot, I copy the system's resolv.conf to the chroot /etc. I
do not know that this makes sense in the OBS environment. But it does in
my other uses. I also mount a few useful file systems so they appear
correct. I have this is a script so it gets done 'automatically'.

In VM builds you do not even have network devices, so no, it does not make sense
here.

The goal is to have a 100% reproducable build with OBS. And an
external network can always change. (Also we like to protect
us and the internet from evil attacks).

SUSE Linux Products GmbH