Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to install a .deb package during the building
  • From: Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 08:42:06 +0200
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 02:03:51PM +0200, Gianluca Emme wrote:
libace-dev is into the universe repository of Ubuntu that it is not
supported by OBS

I tryed to re-create the package from source package, but the source
package creates about 30 binary packages and it needs more than 10
others packages that belong to universe repository

Just looking at the packages.ubuntu.com, I counted 3 source packages from
universe to
be imported.

So, in order to avoid to recreate hundreds of packages, I decided to
take directly the binary .deb packages because libace-dev depends only
to libace that depends only to libc and libstdc++.
But when I try to use dpkg --install libace.deb, I get an error
because only the root user can execute dpkg.
I tryed with sudo (but the command is not recognized) and with su (but
it say that it's not possibile without a terminal).

Package builds run as a normal user in a restricted enviromentment. Therefore
it is intended,
that they can't modify their environment.

Regards,
Martin