Re: [opensuse-buildservice] xUbuntu nothing provides libace-dev
  • From: Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 09:36:55 +0200
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 09:48:11AM +0200, Gianluca Emme wrote:
The package is very big and complex, and it's not only a big effort to
import the sources only for the ubuntu builds ... but it is also a bit
silly from the user point of view that for installing my stuff they
requires a different ace library package.
And more important, because libace is used by a lot of other
packages... rebuilding it into my repository can create conflict
problems when the users install my package and another package from
the universe repository both depending on libace :-( :-(

If you import the unmodified sources of the library and all its
dependencies, the built library should be binary compatible.

I need e.g. for home:e9925248:grandorgue the wxWidgets package. So
I added to the project a stub for this packages and all missing predecessors,
which downloads the source via source services from the ubuntu mirrors. Use for
build is enabled, while publish is disabled - so external users will install
the library from the Ubuntu archive.

Regards,
Martin