Re: [opensuse-buildservice] xUbuntu nothing provides libace-dev
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 11:56:30 +0200
On Freitag, 17. Mai 2013, 09:48:11 wrote Gianluca Emme:
:-( that's a problem :-(
The package is very big and complex, and it's not only a big effort to
import the sources only for the ubuntu builds ... but it is also a bit
silly from the user point of view that for installing my stuff they
requires a different ace library package.
And more important, because libace is used by a lot of other
packages... rebuilding it into my repository can create conflict
problems when the users install my package and another package from
the universe repository both depending on libace :-( :-(

So, even I don't know how to check any legal issues about libace
package, I cannot take into consideration the rebuilding of libace
package.

There is another solution ??

we can of course manually import single files after reviewing.

It is as usual just work.

Or someone finishes the work on Download on Demand feature as
described earlier this week ;)

bd
adrian

Thanks,