Re: [opensuse-buildservice] prjconf Prefer: with distribution version check?
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:06:15 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2013, 16:38:44 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 04:09:31PM +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
I would like to use a prjconf clause like this:

# aaa_base-malloccheck doesn't exist before
%if 0%{?suse_version} < 1220
Prefer: -post-build-checks
%endif

in order to build packages for older systems, that do not have that
malloccheck, without messing with each and every failing .spec..

Unfortunately, that doesn't work.

Do you really mean Prefer? Prefer only helps to disambiguate
multipe packages providing the same thing.

You'd keep post-build-checks from getting installed by using:

%if 0%{?suse_version} < 1220
Support: !post-build-checks
%endif

That seems to do it, thanks.

But now I'm stuck, because I need to build the file package, which contains
the libmagic.so.1 lib, which is needed from rpmbuild.

According to http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_prjconf, a clause
like:

Keep: file patch

would be sufficient, but even with an additional

Preinstall: file patch

the missing libmagic.so.1 error persists.

More misconception on my side?

Thanks,
Pete