Re: [opensuse-buildservice] understanding maintenance workflow, reverted fixes
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> wrote:

See the diff -r12:13 in openSUSE:11.4:Update/coreutils below. Why
coreutils-cp-al-symlink-timestamp.patch was reverted. The osc commit log
does not contain any message. This is really annoying.

The web interface commits without message. It didn't use to, the box
that was there to be able to type a message was removed at one point.
I'm not saying stuff like coreutils should be changed through the web
interface, but it certainly cannot be right to have a web editor that
doesn't allow you to do the sensible thing (which is to add a commit
message).

And sometimes the web interface is really handy for quick fixes. For
instance, when I'm in debian (sorry, but happens) I can't "osc vc", so
it's easier to add changelog entries with the web interface. I used to
be able to attach a commit log for those, no longer the case now.

I could have been a factor in this case. Just saying.