Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to solve "unresolvable: have choice for libhdf5.so.7"
On Wednesday 26 September 2012, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 26. September 2012, 12:29:56 schrieb Ruediger Meier:
Hi,

Sometimes I have such unresolable conflicts and I've never
understood what is the right way how to fix them.

For example nowadays we have two packages libhdf5-0 and
libhdf5-0-openmpi both providing libhdf5.so.7

One of my packages (unsermarkt) requires "uterus" which
auto-requires libhdf5.so.7.
So when building unsermarkt I get
unresolvable: have choice for libhdf5.so.7 needed by uterus:
libhdf5-0-openmpi libhdf5-0

I can solve this by adding explicitly
BuildRequires: libhdf5-0
but this is bad because this dependency comes indirectly from
uterus and might be changed there.

I also tried playing with combinations of
BuildConflicts: libhdf5-0 libhdf5-0-openmpi
but this always results in not having libhdf5-* installed at all
BTW where can I find a documentation of the BuildConflicts tag?

Right, you want at least one of them, so you can not ignore both
You may want to use instead

I had also tried only this
BuildConflicts: libhdf5-0
or this
BuildConflicts: libhdf5-0-openmpi
but in both cases the other package was not installed too.

#!BuildIgnore: libhdf5-0-openmpi

Thanks, I will try this next time. For now I am using "Prefer" tags
in prjconf as Jan metioned in the other mail.

cu,
Rudi