Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to solve "unresolvable: have choice for libhdf5.so.7"
On Wednesday 2012-09-26 12:29, Ruediger Meier wrote:

Sometimes I have such unresolable conflicts and I've never understood
what is the right way how to fix them.

For example nowadays we have two packages libhdf5-0 and
libhdf5-0-openmpi both providing libhdf5.so.7

One of my packages (unsermarkt) requires "uterus" which auto-requires
libhdf5.so.7.
So when building unsermarkt I get
unresolvable: have choice for libhdf5.so.7 needed by uterus:
libhdf5-0-openmpi libhdf5-0

I can solve this by adding explicitly
BuildRequires: libhdf5-0
but this is bad because this dependency comes indirectly from uterus and
might be changed there.

Run `osc meta prjconf -e` and add

Prefer: libhdf5-0