Re: [opensuse-buildservice] excluding files from build-compare
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:30:08 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 10:20:08 schrieb Jon Nelson:
I have a package that plops a timestamp into a file. Obviously, every
time the package is rebuilt (due to a dependency change) this
timestamp changes. I would like to exclude this file from the
build-compare. How do I do that?

Usually we solve that in the package and set a fixed timestamp in the files.
For example the time from last entry of .changes file.
In that way a source change has an effect but not a rebuild. But that depends
of course of the place where the timestamp is used.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH