[opensuse-buildservice] unity on openSUSE, OBS question
  • From: Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:59:21 +0200
Hi,

As you may already know, on OBS the GNOME:Ayatana repo was taken over
from Xiao-Long Chen and me some month ago,
as we want to port unity to openSUSE and Fedora. May some of you have
heard that unity is already working on Fedora from GNOME:Ayatana
installable.
I was on holiday this month and am back now on was excited that
Xiao-Long already adjusted most spec files (we have separate spec
files for SuSE and Fedora) to build/are OK with SuSE policies and I
have now again some time for this project too.

Now the real news for openSUSE:
As we moved the BuildRequires and Requires and have seperate spec
files for Fedora and openSUSE (where we adjusted the spec files),
the indicators, the utouch framework, nux, other libs already build
fine on openSUSE 12.2 and Factory. compiz (which is only one package
since upstream version 0.9.8) and unity working on Fedora and should
be building fine in few days for openSUSE too. So we are about at 90%
that unity is working for SuSE too, the indicators are already usable
for gnome3-fallback session.

Dear guys from OBS, dear Adrian:
I would ask you for a favor:
Could you please make it possible that we can add Fedora Updates and
Fedora Update-testing repo (if Fedora Rawhide would be supported too,
that would be brilliant) , we really need this!
Also please drop me a private message too (in case I am not on the
mailing list) when the OBS arch backend is arrived.
Xiao-Long Chen is also the maintainer of the successful port of unity
to arch (though he moved to Fedora as main distro) and we'd love to
just add the PKGBUILD
files to the packages in GNOME:Ayatana and these packages would
provide unity for SuSE, Fedora and Arch!

If someone wants to join us for a port of unity to other OBS supported
architectures feel free to contact us.

Cheers,
Damian