[opensuse-buildservice] OBS Light now offers UI to build on OpenSUSE OBS
  • From: "Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC)" <dominig.arfoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:49:31 +0200
Hello,

we are pleased to announce the new releases of OBS Light (0.5.3).
This new version allows to work on packages hosted on OpenSUSE OBS.

OBS Light provides a GUI and a command line mode to work on packages hosted on
an OBS or a FakeOBS.
It does offer to the developer the capability to work directly in the chroot,
to re-run each phases of the spec file at will, while creating and committing
OBS compatible patches when required.

OBS Light was originally developed for MeeGo and Tizen but the latest change
allows OpenSUSE users to benefit from the toolset and while we consider the
support of OpenSUSE in Beta stage, we think that it would ease everyday work
and we would love to get non embedded users's feedback.

OBS Light client now also creates repositories where your locally built
packages are published. These local repo can be used to create image
with Mic (which is integrated in the GUI) or to download the custom packages
directly on your target with zypper or yum.

You will find more information about OBS Light at:
* http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OBS_Light

Summary of changes:
Now you can build packages with OBS Light from an OBS server or a fakeobs
without an OBS
server).

- OBS Light 0.5.3:
- Build against on OpenSUSE OBS against openSUSE i586 and Fedora (Devel).
- Added status "No build section" when package has no script in the
%build section.
- Added pre-configured servers in wizard.
- Accelerated retrieval of project list from server.
- Removed useless buttons from UI.

To install or update:
* http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OBS_Light_Installation

You can find an appliance including OBS Light here:
* http://susestudio.com/a/e0uuBG/obs-light-obs-client

Do not hesitate to submit bugs or suggestions for improvements on our
bug tracker:
*
https://bugs.meego.com/buglist.cgi?product=Development%20Tools&amp;component=OBS%20Light

Your feedback is welcome.