Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Comprehensive, up to date rpm documentation
On 19 July 2012 09:30, Isaac Hailperin <i.hailperin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to get into the details of rpm building and was looking for a
comprehensive documentation, reflecting the latest changes and developments
of rpm.

So far I have found lots of docs, including "maximum rpm" [1], which is
quite comprehensive, but not really up to date.
Then there is the fedora documentation [2], which seems more up to date, but
rather fedora specific.

I was looking for THE definite source of rpm documentation. Have I missed
anything?

Not really. RPM documentation is just bad.

The Fedora docs aren't so Fedora specific, you can basically trust them.
For the more openSUSE specific macros look at your /etc/rpm/ directory
(depends on having some packages installed). And also at
http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging.

For the latest developments, just read the release notes:
http://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.10.0

Then, after a few years of packaging, you get used to it...