RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build package required
  • From: Frank Lichtenheld <Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:46:43 +0000
From: Frank Lichtenheld [mailto:Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:18 PM
To: Adrian Schröter; opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build package
required

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Lichtenheld [mailto:Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:14 PM
To: Adrian Schröter; opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build
package
required
[...]
I've tracked this down to setupccache in build. It does
rm -f "$BUILD_ROOT$builduserhome"/bin/{gcc,g++,cc,c++}
But $builduserhome is never set (grepping through the source this is
the
only place where it is ever mentioned). So really this does
rm -f "$BUILD_ROOT"/bin/{gcc,g++,cc,c++}
This was never a problem, since gcc is at /usr/bin. But in Fedora 17
/bin/gcc is the same as /usr/bin/gcc so gcc is removed!
That line probably should be just removed.

https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/pull/14 for your convenience.

FYI, this seems to have been deployed now at OBS, most of my packages now build
against Fedora:17.

Gruesse,
Frank