[opensuse-buildservice] OBS Light releases the Alpha version of the FakeOBS addon.
  • From: "Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC)" <dominig.arfoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:10:53 +0200
Hello,

The OBS Light team http://wiki.meego.com/OBS_Light has just released the
Beta version off the OBSLight-fakeobs addon.
FakeOBS has been originally created by the MER project and we have
modified it for our needs.
Our goal was to ease the import of a pre-boot strapped full distribution
such as MeeGo TV or Tizen IVI in a private OBS instance.

OBSLight-fakeobs enable to deliver pre-boot strapped complete OBS
project(s) as a simple tar file (might be big!) which can be added to an
OBSLight-server by a simple command.
The added new project(s) is accessible through obslight server via the
fakeobs project link.
Branching of any packages is possible and building against the added
project is availble by a simple click on an icon.

As the tools to create the tar file are not yet well documented, we have
created a set of three projects tar file for easy import as a demo. We
have used the recently published Tizen IVI.

Tizen_1.0_Base-1.0.tar.gz, Tizen_1.0_IVI-1.0.tar.gz,
Tizen_1.0_Main-1.0.tar.gz

They can be found on test hosting http://tizen.fridu.net/ .It will
likely be removed in few weeks.

Known Limits and bugs
-----------------------------

- after installation of the package obslight-fakeobs you still to
activate the service for reboot with the command insserv /etc/init.d/fakeobs
(should be corrected soon and might have gone before that you test)
- you cannot walk the available project pointed by the fakeobs link
project from the WebUI (that limit is there to sati for a while)
fakeobs:Tizen:1.0:Main:Main fakeobs:Tizen:1.0:Base fakeobs:Tizen:1.0:IVI
- we do our test only with obslightserver appliance. It should work
with any OBS but that is out of our focus.
- when creating a branch the project name auto completion is not
available you need to enter it (e.g. fakeobs:Tizen:1.0:Base)
- when creating a branch the package name auto completion is not
reliable. You might need to enter the package name in total.
- OBS Light GUI does not work yet with Tizen:Base (we work on it)

Feedback is welcomed. Our buzilla is here

https://bugs.meego.com/buglist.cgi?product=Development%20Tools&component=OBS%20Light
<https://bugs.meego.com/buglist.cgi?product=Development%20Tools&component=OBS%20Light>

--
Dominig ar Foll