Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Avoiding the rpm signing warnings for Fedora
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:03:13 +0200
From: Adrian Schröter [mailto:adrian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:21 AM
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Frank Lichtenheld
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Avoiding the rpm signing warnings
for Fedora
[...]
All builds against Fedora_16 on OBS currently throw a lot of warnings
during chroot setup due to missing key for checking the package
signatures. This does not seem to cause any problems but it irritated me
(since it makes this part of the log very hard to read) and so I did
investigate how this happens. The problem is as follows:

- "build" usually uses --nosignature
- But it wants to do so only for rpm v4, not v3 (probably v3 didn't
have the option?)
- It checks the rpm version not by checking the rpm version but by
checking for the existence of the program "rpmsign" in the chroot
- In Fedora (at least 15 and 16, i.e. the OBS-supported versions) the
program "rpmsign" is not in the "rpm" rpm, but in the "rpm-sign" rpm
- The "rpm-sign" rpm is not installed by the current Fedora:16 project
config

Possible solutions:
1) add "Preinstall: rpm-sign", "Required: rpm-sign" to Fedora:16
project config (I tested it and it indeed does avoid the warnings)

I added the preinstall now. Should be enough.

Thanks, seems to be enough indeed. And it avoids rebuilding all Fedora
packages :)

Another thing I noticed about Fedora builds: They use very basic %optflags
which seems to be caused by the absence of the package redhat-rpm-config.
Could this package be added to the config? Aside from the better optflags it
also activates some brp check scripts and provides some useful macros.

Yep, added for Fedora 15 & 16

SUSE Linux Products GmbH