Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Avoiding the rpm signing warnings for Fedora
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:21:17 +0200
Am Samstag, 12. Mai 2012, 21:29:25 schrieb Frank Lichtenheld:
Hi.

All builds against Fedora_16 on OBS currently throw a lot of warnings during
chroot setup due to missing key for checking the package signatures. This
does not seem to cause any problems but it irritated me (since it makes this
part of the log very hard to read) and so I did investigate how this happens.
The problem is as follows:

- "build" usually uses --nosignature
- But it wants to do so only for rpm v4, not v3 (probably v3 didn't have the
option?)
- It checks the rpm version not by checking the rpm version but by checking
for the existence of the program "rpmsign" in the chroot
- In Fedora (at least 15 and 16, i.e. the OBS-supported versions) the program
"rpmsign" is not in the "rpm" rpm, but in the "rpm-sign" rpm
- The "rpm-sign" rpm is not installed by the current Fedora:16 project config

Possible solutions:
1) add "Preinstall: rpm-sign", "Required: rpm-sign" to Fedora:16 project
config (I tested it and it indeed does avoid the warnings)

I added the preinstall now. Should be enough.

2) just remove the check from "build", does anyone still use ancient rpm?
3) change the check to something that doesn't require the presence of the
rpmsign binary

1 is clearly the easy way out, but if you would prefer 2 or 3 I would be
happy to make a patch for build.

Gruesse,

SUSE Linux Products GmbH