Re: [opensuse-buildservice] about the new web software search
On 16.04.2012 10:02, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 04/13/2012 04:59 PM, Thomas Schmidt wrote:

Hi Ruediger,
we designed the new search with focus on normal users and not obs experts,
but I also want to satisfy the powerusers and offer all info that they
need.

This part reads good. though not sure about the availability. Here is
what I would like to see and that is not limited to the web interface
but should include Yast, zypper and other similar tools as well.

Recently I installed debian in a virtualbox and to my surprise I can
read the changes of an uninstalled package. That meant rather than
blindfoldly installing the package or going to the obs so I can read the
package_name.changes, I can get the same info without wandering around.

So can this be included, that way user can see what has changed, is the
new package solving the problem etc. etc.

That's a good idea! I added it to the TODO list, let's see if we can add this
when we extend the package information with size, build date etc.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team