Re: [opensuse-buildservice] about the new web software search
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:51:15 +0200
Am Freitag, 13. April 2012, 19:10:08 schrieb Ruediger Meier:
On Friday 13 April 2012, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
On 13.04.2012 12:39, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

IMO the new search webinterface is quiet useless now.

You have to do too many clicks just to find out which exactly
versions of a package are available and what particular project it
comes from. In fact it even seems to find much less packages than
available on OBS.

Hi Ruediger,
we designed the new search with focus on normal users and not obs
experts, but I also want to satisfy the powerusers and offer all info
that they need.

I would stick to the extra click that is currently needed to show all
available versions of a package, as that option is only used by few
users and confuses all others.

Generally it's ok for me that most stuff shuld be beginner friendly.
Anyway her some more thoughts about this.

3. Mostly I don't even want to install anything - just looking what
package versions are available etc.

It sounds you are not the target group of software.o.o then. The build.o.o
search
is also not good enough yet, but it should be more suited for developers...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH