Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Out-of-memory on OBS issue for Chromium
On 24.02.2012 12:05, Raymond Wooninck wrote:
Hi,

As you know I am building updated for Chromium in network:chromium. Lately I
have the situation where constantly Chromium is failing for the same target
with memory issues.

In this repo I am building the same Chromium release for openSUSE 11.4, 12.1,
Factory and Tumbleweed for both 32bit and 64bit. Lately only the 64bit for
Factory is failing with the following error during the last link process:

[20815.308502] Out of memory: Kill process 8630 (ld) score 907 or sacrifice
child
[20815.309227] Killed process 8630 (ld) total-vm:2865340kB,
anon-rss:968844kB,
file-rss:0kB
collect2: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
make: *** [out/Release/chrome] Error 1

It is strange for me that this only happens with building for 64bit Factory
and all others are finishing normally.

Is there anything that I can do to get this build ? Or am I constantly having
bad luck with ending up on the wrong build node for this particular target ?

Find that a way to limit ld's memory usage not to take 2.8G as it does.
And yes, x86_64 creates bigger binaries and factory vs. tumbleweed might
just add two more libs -> bang, where it manged to get along with 2.7G
before.

Greetings, Stephan