[opensuse-buildservice] Getting binaries through linked project
  • From: "Ed Bartosh" <ed.bartosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:27:50 +0200
Hi,

In our local OBS instance we have two linked projects. One of them produces
error:
"400 remote error: unexpected EOF" for any build attempt.

I digged a bit into the problem and here is what I've found:
With working link I can get rpms in cpio format from the repository:
wget
"http://my.local.obs:81/public/build/link.to.good.obs:project/distro/arch/_repository?binary=foo&view=cpio";
-O- -q |cpio -t
foo.rpm
121 blocks
With not working link the same attempt ends with empty ouput:
wget
"http://my.local.obs:81/public/build/link.to.bad.obs:project/distro/arch/_repository?binary=foo&view=cpio";
-O- -q

On the server side I see this error in src_server.log:
2012-02-23 17:15:17 [8319]: GET
/build/link.to.bad.obs:project/distro/arch/_repository?binary=foo&view=cpio
2012-02-23 17:15:17 [8221]: GET /build/
link.to.bad.obs:project/distro/arch/_repository?view=cpio&binary=foo (AJAX)
rpc_recv_stream_handler: illegal chunk size: 16175

In the code of BSWatcher.pm:rpc_recv_stream_handler I can see this:
if ($cl < 0 || $cl >= 16000) {
print "rpc_recv_stream_handler: illegal chunk size: $cl\n";
BSServerEvents::stream_close($rev, $ev);
return;
}

Where this limit came from? How it at all can be possible that some obs server
sends chunks bigger than this limit? How would you suggest to fix this?

I'm using obs server 2.1.16 if it matters.

(not related to the topic) What's the point of having two almost similar
requests?
GET /build/link.to.bad.obs:project/distro/arch/_repository?binary=foo&view=cpio
and
GET /build/
link.to.bad.obs:project/distro/arch/_repository?view=cpio&binary=foo (AJAX)

Regards,
Ed