Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools dropped 11.3 repo already?
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Brian K. White <brian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree 100%. I made the mistake of using Server:Monitoring and some others
and now I don't do that any more.
Anything I really need maintained for myself, I copy to my own home project,
which means living without a lot of
things I would like to have newer because I can't maintain that much all by
myself.

The supposedly great thing about OBS is that we all get to share
common wisdom of how to build and deploy an incredibly wide range of
software, no matter who you are or what you are doing, and everyone
benefits. This is exactly what open source is all about.

However, the way things are now, anyone who wants to use a stable
platform for mission critical services is being forced to NOT share
this wisdom.. just read the above quote for example.

I'm surprised the powers that be wish to offend and exclude that
group. What a pity.