Re: [opensuse-buildservice] branching package from another project
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:08:53 +0200
Am Samstag, 22. Oktober 2011, 11:07:44 schrieb Roman Evstifeev:
Hi. I have a question about "branching package from another project"
feature. I wonder how i should work out the following scenario:
I branched a package "sonic-visualiser" [1] from "multimedia:apps" project
[2] It builds successfully for Factory repository, but to build it for
openSUSE_11.4 i had to branch newer versions of "raptor" and "redland"
packages from project "X11:common:Factory" into my branch of
"multimedia:apps" project (it become
"home:rwman:branches:multimedia:apps").

So now can i submit these newer "raptor" and "redland" packages to
"multimedia:apps" project?

In general you can create submit requests from any source to any target.
If you are not the the source owner, it will be reviewed by them.

However, in such cases it may make sense to talk with the target owner.
He might to solve it differently, like creating a link for that package and
just enable build for the old distros. So that he knows that he can remove it
later on.

I wonder if it is aginst some project policies, or just does not work
this way...

===
1: sonic-visualizer package -
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=sonic-visualiser&project=hom
e%3Arwman%3Abranches%3Amultimedia%3Aapps 2: multimedia:apps project -
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=multimedia%3Aapps
SUSE Linux Products GmbH