Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cannot lock group file: already locked error during build
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:07:45 -0400
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:55, Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 29, 2011, at 9:21, Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I'm adding a group during the %prep stage of a package and the
groupadd fails with the error "Cannot lock group file: already
locked." when a building on OBS. This is something special I need to
do to create the group during %prep?

You can't do it during %prep. Do you mean %pre?
Doing it during prep is kinda unsanitary...

I'm creating it in %prep because the group is need as part of the
build process...maybe I need to move it to %build.

Incidentally, I'm creating the group and performing a usermod in %pre.

:| the group is needed as part of the build process? oh dear.
that's a problem... (i will note that you by default, you're building
as user 'abuild', which has no permissions)

--
later daze. :: Robert Xu :: rxu.lincomlinux.org :: protocol.by/rxu