[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Thoughts about moving OBS code to Github
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:07:29 -0600
On 2011-09-20 15:12:32 +0000, Stephen Shaw said:

Since I don't touch the code base my opinion doesn't count, but just
wanted to mention that I've really liked using github and to be honest
I think the interface is much faster and nicer to look at (IMHO).

I'm more of a user than a developer; I've submitted a couple of ideas/patches, but certainly nothing to the main repository.

In my view, gitorious and github are hosting services. I appreciate that gitorious is open-source, and like the fact they provide competition to github. If gitorious isn't doing the job the developers need, then it's time to move on to something that does.

I'm a believer that "he who codes, decides." And I'll support the developer's decision either way.
--
Troy Telford