[opensuse-buildservice] non deterministic build failures on 64bit kvm build hosts
Hi,

This was originally posted on factory list, see thread "Internal
compiler error at 64-bit".

I post again here because it's an OBS problem I think:

Many packagers have non deterministic build errors since a few days.
Mostly "internaler compiler erros" which may even result in strange
random errors during "make" if such error happened aleready in
configure's checks.

I've diffed a lot logfiles and came to some vague conclusions:

1. Errors happens on kvm vms 64bit only.
2. It's because the 64bit kvm vms are started without -cpu in opposite
to the 32bit ones. Therefore we have original (so random, differnt)
host cpu flags when building 64bit stuff but generic ones on
i586.
3. If configure scripts are agressively trying to optimize CCFLAGS then
build may fail dependent on the current buildhost CPU.

cu,
Rudi