[opensuse-buildservice] prjconf data available to source services
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:55:34 -0600
I'm trying to write a set of source services that are similar to what already exist, but with one change: I want to be able to pull data from an obs project conf. (that way I can use essentially the same package/_service for multiple versions of the same program).

Use case: I have a project "foo", for which all of the packages in it use source services to download their source from git.

I want to be able to have a subproject "foo:version".

I'd like to be able to define the source service such that I can define the revision (an/or versions) in the project config file. (ie. osc meta prjconf --edit foo).

I can easily achieve this if I can use the data in the prjconf:

$osc meta prjconf foo
Macros:
%scm_branch master
%scm_version dev

$osc meta prjconf foo:version
Macros:
%scm_branch 3.4
%scm_version 3.4

And it can be queried using:
$(osc meta prjconf <active project> | grep '%scm_branch' | awk '{print $2}')

But, here, I have a few questions:
- Can 'osc' be executed from a source service?
- If it can, what user does it run as?
- How is it authenticated to OBS?
- Is it possible to query the data without authenticating? (ie. a curl/wget command to the api, for example).

Finally: Is this even necessary? Is there a way I can just access the prjconf from a source service?

Thanks
--
Troy Telford