Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Strange "_service:format_spec_file:" in branched package
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:41:11 +0200
Am Thursday, 16. June 2011, 08:53:09 schrieb Johannes Weberhofer:
Dear all,

I have branched and modified a package
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=phpMyAdmin&project=home%3Aweberho%3Aserver

When I like to submit the changes back, the system likes me to submit a
_service:format_spec_file:phpMyAdmin.spec file, too. What is that file
for?

This is the standard formated spec file as we configured it for
openSUSE:Factory.

When you use a current osc + the source services, these changes get already
applied before
your commit to your original spec file. The _service:* file will not be created
then.

Also the other checks will run before, so it will reduce the chance that your
submissions
will get rejected when you submit it to factory ...

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-05/msg00359.html

Best regards,
Johannes

SUSE Linux Products GmbH