Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Random build failures
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:57:04 +0200
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [2011-06-01 11:18]:
Am Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2011 schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
Hello,

I'm getting seemingly random build failures because of

error: Couldn't exec /usr/lib/rpm/mimetypes.prov: No such file or directory

Manually triggering a rebuild mostly results in a successful

If this is random, then it's a bug in rpm - it should always fail, because
it's missing update-desktop-files as buildrequire (and very likely also a call
to %suse_update_desktop_file for your .desktop files)

Yes it is totally random, e.g. xfce4-panel-plugin-datetime failed
last night only for the openSUSE_Factory target and only on the
x86_64 arch, all other targets and architectures built fine. It's
currently scheduled for a rebuild.
It does deliver a desktop file in /usr/share/xfce4/panel-plugins
for the panel plugin, the specfile does not buildrequire
update-desktop-files and the desktop file is not handled by
%suse_update_desktop_file. (I do plan to switch them to use it
but that'll require careful testing).
--
Guido Berhoerster