[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting

Note: meeting minutes from yesterday morning

present: mls, saschpe, adrian

* OBS 2.3 state
* OBS rename
* server upgrade
* continous integration
* Ruby coding style

OBS 2.3
=======

* Features complete
- new source service handling implemented

To be fixed before Beta 2:
* Last missing feature:
- Delta rpm configuration

* Make OBS name and description configurable via "Setup OBS"

* Remaining problems:
- createrepo is not extending existing meta data
- createrepo & modifyrepo have no --rsyncable option
- some regressions in webui to be fixed

OBS Rename
==========

Our implementation of OBS, the "openSUSE Build Service" will be renamed to
"Open Build Service (OBS)".

"openSUSE Build Service" name will stay for our public instance behind
build.opensuse.org.

Details will be announced by Jos.

Server Upgrade
==============

New backend server systems are installed, stress testing is WIP.

Continous Integration
=====================

Sascha plays with hudson & friends.
Goal is to have a full test coverage after each commit including
performance benchmarks.

Open question: Do we want to create an hudson.opensuse.org ?

Ruby coding style

SUSE developers created a draft for a common ruby coding style.
The draft got published in opensuse wiki:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Ruby_coding_conventions

We will move our code into that direction but not reformat
everything now.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH