Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new osc user interface proposal
Am Tuesday, 24. May 2011, 18:40:44 schrieb Juergen Weigert:
On May 24, 11 15:18:33 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Tuesday, 24. May 2011, 13:58:40 schrieb Juergen Weigert:
On May 23, 11 21:26:18 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
One may also offer a standard parameter to enforce the request
creation (because
you may want that others check this). This could be done via

osc delete --request $PROJECT

This may be a replacement for the "osc request create" command to
some degree (multiple
actions per request would not work with that).

please understand this also as a RFC proposal :)
Do you think it makes sense ?

Without context, this command looks like it would remove a request.
With the context you explained, I understand that it creates a request.

Right, Just discussed with Sascha, what about

osc delete $project [$package]

Tries to delete and falls back to create a request. In the same way as

osc request delete $project [$package]

would work.

osc --batch delete ...

would not fallback.

The word order 'delete --request', or 'request delete' does not make much
difference, both appears ambiguous to me.
An implicit fallback might not be what a user expects either.

How about this:

osc delete $project $package

Always sends a delete request, printing out a message
"Delete request #123456 created."

Definitive not a good idea. Requests trigger notifications and we want to keep
the unwanted noise as low as possible.

In case the user has permission to delete the packge himself,
it also prints out a message informing him.
"You can use 'osc rq accept 123456' to delete $package now."

osc delete --force $project $package

Immediatly deletes, saying "Package $package deleted." if the user has the
permissions. It behaves identical to sending and immediatly approving a
delete request.

Otherwise it fails and suggests
"You can use 'osc delete $project $package' (without --force) to send a
delete request."

Note that I avoid the verb 'create' in the context of delete requests.

cheers,
JW-

SUSE Linux Products GmbH