Re: [opensuse-buildservice] obs services updates
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 12:31:26 +0200
Am Dienstag, 3. Mai 2011, 10:53:14 schrieb Radoslav Dibarbora:
Hi all,

We are using some customized services in our private obs instance. To
easy management and to share the work with anybody interested I would
like to submit changes back to upstream/comunity. I would like to
describe the changes before submitting the requests.

As we would like to allow also local manual compilation of packages we
have to keep sources in the usual form even we are building packages
directly from SVN repository using the source_services. We found
following problems with original services:

1 - tar_scm service will always add scm revision to the tarball name
instead of the real version

hm, you can specify a "version" as parameter that one should not
be touched (unlike "versionprefix").

2 - We need to keep also original release numbers but they are
originally rewritten by OBS build numbers

this is in general independend of source service but more a generic
OBS functionality. Otherwise update tools (like zypper, yum and friends)
may not be able to upgrade packages correctly.

However, you can overwrite this mechanism via

Release: <RELEASE42>

line in spec file.

We solved it by adding the 2 new services :
extract_version - extract the version/release numbers from given file (
changelog) using perl or sed regexps. extracted values are stored in
_service:extract_version:version/release files
set_release - set release in spec or dsc file base on pattern
configured in the service - you can use also release extracted by
extract_version service

Do you think this is really needed or can the above Release mechanism be used ?

We also modified some services:
recompress - Added ability to rename the archive - it is possible to use
stored version/release from extract_version

fine

set_version - Added possibility to use version extracted by
extract_version service.

Example of _services file we are using is on the end of the message.

packages for RHEL could be found in project home:dibo2010:buildservice.

In case Adrian and rest of the obs team have no queries I will submit
requests to apply changes to openSUSE:Tools (unfortunately we are using
stable version only therefore I'm not able to prepare/test patches
against the devel version).

Just create submitrequests so far against the services please.

thanks
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH