Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Building kernel on OBS
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I created packages from stock SLES11 src.rpm kernel packages but
they won't build out of the box.

kernel-source: Builds fine

kernel-syms: Fails with

I'm not positive this will help, but when building on OBS itself, you
have to create links as I understand it. When I do that I've never
had any issues.

My process is first to branch just the source package from whereever,
then create the links via a simple script file.

I have this script file I massage as needed:

cat link-kernel-projects
#!/bin/sh

#original reference
# osc linkpac openSUSE:11.3 kernel-source home:$login
# for p in kernel-{default,desktop,pae,xen,vanilla,syms}; do
# osc linkpac -C copy home:$login kernel-source home:$login $p
# done

# Evergreen minimal version
for p in kernel-{default,pae,xen}-devel; do
osc linkpac -C copy openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1:kernel-2.6.32:Test
kernel-source openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1:kernel-2.6.32:Test $p
done

exit

#Evergreen full version
for p in kernel-{default,desktop,pae,xen,vanilla,syms}; do
osc linkpac -C copy openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1:kernel-2.6.32:Test
kernel-source openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1:kernel-2.6.32:Test $p
done

Greg