Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: obs violates the debian policy §4.9.1
On Saturday April 2 2011 21:51:24 peer wrote:
On 04/02/2011 08:20 PM, Stephan Kleine wrote:
On Saturday April 2 2011 19:13:48 you wrote:
Here is the bug report

Well, it is obvious that the debian folks don´t care about anything
outside their ivory tower. I meant filing a bug at the cdbs upstream
that their build scripts are broken cause being unable to build in
parallel _is_ a bug IMHO, so they would perhaps fix this.

Er, sry, I forgot what cdbs is, seems like you are screwed ;P

But more seriously, not doing the builds in parallel is just a waste of
time and resources and debian& buntu builds already take much longer
than rpm builds (e.g. during package install) so disabling parallel
builds to please some broken packages isn't an option imho. Simply wait
till a way to disable them in the packages meta data is implemented and
fix it in the meantime by adding "-j1" to your make call.

You didn't read the reply by the author well. The package is not broken,
it's a choice to have the package like it is.

You misunderstood me. The packages source _is_ broken cause it can't be built
in parallel. So their (debian) packaging is fine but the packages (cdbs´)
build scripts contain a bug that screw you over if you build it in parallel.

Simply fix that and send the patch upstream.