Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build service down?
Am Montag, 28. März 2011 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Am 28.03.2011 09:57, schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Montag, 28. März 2011 schrieb Pavol Rusnak:
On 27/03/11 10:55, Lars Vogdt wrote:
Sorry for this - but at the moment there's noting left we can do here
from our side.

We could (and should) create some effort to get rid of this "wonder of
technology".

It's easy to pick on a single point of failure when it's down, but as a
matter of fact the OBS has about 5 of them - replacing ichain with
another single of point of failure won't really help weekend outages
IMO.

Depending on what and where it's running it could help. If data center
access is needed there is not much hope in improvement since only
volunteers are working at the weekend. This outage affected releasing
security updates for Evergreen quite a lot :-(
ichain is about user data - switching from proxy model to e.g. ldap would
allow us to show better errors in case the user data is down - and continue
with public operations, but without a way to authentificate yourself the
OBS won't be able to security updates for Evergreen. That's what I'm saying.

Greetings, Stephan